TL;DR Previous week I had worked on grouping the contents based on the dominant color component in their images, if present. The work is under review of the mentors. And once, it gets reviewed, I would work further on that issue. Meanwhile, I have started developing and implementing the Emotion Detection feature of the Google Cloud Vision API. It would detect the emotion of the person in the profile picture uploaded, and if the person looks angry or unhappy, he would be notified thereof. This feature is especially important when building sites for professional purposes, as the facial looks matters a lot in such cases.
Last week, I had worked on implementing the Dominant Color Detection feature in the Google Vision API module. The code is currently under the review by the mentors. Once, they review it, I would develop further on it if it requires any changes.
Hence, meanwhile, I have started working on implementing a new feature Face Detection in an image. This feature gives us the location of the face in an image, and in addition, the emotions and expressions on the face.
I have used this feature to detect the emotion of the person in the profile picture uploaded by him/her. If the person does not seem happy in the image, he/she is notified thereof of their expressions. This is especially useful when the end users are developing a site for professional purposes, as in professional matters, expressions matters a lot.
Coming to the technical aspect, I have made use of hook_entity_bundle_field_info_alter() to alter the image fields, and check the emotions in the uploaded images. This function has been used, as we only want to implement this feature on the image fields. If the image is not a happy one, then appropriate message is displayed using drupal_set_message(). This feature also makes use of Constraints and Validators just like the Safe Search detection feature.
Presently, the code is under the review by the mentors.
In addition to the implementation of Face Detection, I also worked on expanding the tests of the Safe Search Detection feature of the Google Vision API module to test other entities as well, in addition to the nodes. I have expanded the tests to test the safe search constraint on the comment entity as well.
This requires the creation of a dummy comment type, adding an image field to the comment type, and attaching the comment to the content type.
The image field contains the safe search as the constraint on it. This test is basically similar to the tests present in the module for the node entity.
The code is under review by the mentors and would soon be committed to the module.For reference on how to create dummy comment types and attaching it to the content types, the CommentTestBase class is very helpful.